Brandon Wing is a shareholder with Sprouse Shrader Smith, P.C. whose practice areas focus on corporate transactions, securities and regulatory representation of commercial banks, thrifts, holding companies, and other financial institutions, and their owners. He primarily advises clients on matters related to:
• The Acquisition or Sale of Existing Financial Institutions
• The Acquisition, Sale, Establishment and Relocation of Branch Offices
• The Formation of Bank Holding Companies
• Capital Offerings
• Subchapter S Conversions
• The Acquisition of Bank Control
• Ongoing Compliance and Strategic Planning for Financial Institutions Participating in the
U.S. Treasury's TARP Capital Purchase Program.
Brandon also advises organizing groups on all aspects of obtaining new financial institution charters, including representation in connection with the regulatory application process, capital acquisition phase, and early stage development. He also advises financial institutions with respect to regulatory compliance matters involving the Texas Department of Banking, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve Board and other regulatory agencies. In addition, Brandon represents corporations and financial institutions on various corporate and securities matters, including advising issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, as well as SEC reporting and compliance matters (including annual and quarterly reports, proxy materials, and Section 16 reporting obligations).
Prior to joining Sprouse Shrader Smith, Brandon practiced with the financial institutions group at Bracewell, & Giuliani, L.L.P., in Houston, Texas, where he worked on more than 15 M&A transactions ranging in size from under $1 million to $360 million and numerous capital offerings raising more than $1 billion from the private and public markets.
• South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2005
• Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 1998
• Texas State Courts
• Texas Bankers Association (associate member)
• Independent Bankers Association of Texas (associate member)
• State Bar of Texas
• American Bar Association