Jeff Shrader is a shareholder with Sprouse Shrader Smith, P.C. His practice areas focus on oil and gas transactions, commercial transactions, banking, and real estate law. Jeff has practiced oil and gas law for more than 35 years and, throughout his career, he has primarily represented producer clients in the purchase and sale of oil and gas properties, title opinions, operating agreements, royalty disputes, natural gas marketing, and general energy questions. He has represented buyers and sellers in transactions involving more than $1 billion in value.
• University of Texas, 1976
• Northwestern University, 1973
• Texas and Oklahoma State Courts
• Oil, Gas and Energy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
• Amarillo Area Bar Association
Activities, Publications and Presentations:
• Hastings Entertainment (director)
• Parallel Petroleum Corporation (chairman and director before to its sale in 2009)
• "Lease Maintenance: Low Flow and Shut-In-Issues," 46th Annual Institute on Oil and Gas
Law and Taxation, Publication 640, Release 46 (1995)
• "Lease Preservation and Maintenance; Drilling/Reworking Operations and Dryhole Clauses,"
State Bar of Texas Professional Development Program (1989)