Thank you for your interest in a legal position at Sprouse Shrader Smith.
Sprouse Shrader Smith, PLLC a distinguished, experienced and respected full-service law firm in Amarillo, Austin and Victoria Texas, seeks an experienced and qualified civil litigation paralegal to provide support to our Amarillo Litigation Team and Clients.
This position supports the delivery of quality legal services to our clients by providing litigation paralegal services to our attorneys, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Prepare initial drafts of written discovery, pleadings, and motions.
- Prepare table of contents and table of authorities for briefings
- Maintain trial calendaring schedules and deadlines
- Filing and maintenance of paper and electronic files.
- E-filing in federal, state and appellate courts.
- Preparation of case, deposition, hearing, and trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Perform legal research using Lexis and social media platforms
- Schedule mediations, depositions, schedule court reporters/videographer, Zoom, and conference calls, etc.
- Draft, prepare and send discovery to all parties per the attorney’s direction.
- Prepare documents for production including organizing and Bates numbering
- Maintains an exceptional client-service attitude and professional demeanor at all times.
- Shows initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a willingness to adapt to change.
- Takes ownership and gets the job done without the need for direct supervision.
- Maintains a positive, “can do” attitude when dealing with co-workers and attorneys.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Detail orientated.
- Minimum 5-years of civil litigation paralegal experience needed
- Paralegal certification a plus
- Experience with CaseMap Suite and/or other database and trial presentation software a plus
Job Type: Full-time position, with the following key benefits: PTO, Healthcare, 401K, 401K match, paid holidays and participation in our paralegal bonus program.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@SprouseLaw.com.
Sprouse Shrader Smith is always in search of talented individuals. Should you wish to submit your resume, please feel free to do so.