Abbey Coufal is an Associate at Sprouse Shrader Smith whose practice focuses on wealth planning with an emphasis on drafting wills, trusts, probating estates, and real estate matters.
Abbey grew up in Vernon, Texas. In 2014, she earned her undergraduate degree from West Texas A&M University with a major in Mass Communications. At West Texas A&M, Abbey gained experience working with the West Texas A&M Athletic Department and spent a great deal of time serving the West Texas area through the student organizations she was involved in. She then attended law school at Texas Tech University School of Law, where she participated in the Texas Tech Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic and gained experience working as a law clerk for a District Judge. She enjoys traveling, watching Texas Tech football, and spending time at her family’s ranch in Vernon.
- The Case for Regulating Siting of Wind Turbine Farms in Texas, Texas Tech Administrative Law Journal, Volume 19, 2017
- Texas State Courts, 2018
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
- West Texas A&M University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2014
- Amarillo Area Young Lawyers Association
- Amarillo Area Estate Planning Council
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- Amarillo Area Women’s Bar Association
John J. Gibbons National Moot Court Team, 2017
Texas Tech Administrative Law Journal, Executive Articles Editor, 2017
Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, 2016
Judge K.K. Legett Fellow, 2017