Donna Z. Peck is a Member with Sprouse Shrader Smith PLLC whose practice focuses on wealth planning and probate for high-net-worth individuals, couples and families, as well as advising individual and corporate fiduciaries in estate and trust administration matters. Donna primarily advises clients on matters related to:
- estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning; wills; revocable and irrevocable trusts; marital agreements; financial and medical powers of attorney and advance health-care directives (living wills)
- life insurance trusts (ILIT)
- qualified personal residence trusts (QPRT)
- grantor retained annuity trusts (GRAT)
- charitable lead trusts (CLAT and CLUT)
- charitable remainder trusts (CRAT and CRUT)
- probate administration; trust administration
- will contests
- fiduciary litigation
- preparation and filing of federal estate and gift tax returns
- federal estate and gift tax controversies.
She has represented numerous individuals with the development, creation, and execution of their estate plans. She also has represented: individuals and corporate fiduciaries in administering large and complex probate and trust administrations; individual and charitable beneficiaries of estates and trusts; and out-of-state clients in the ancillary administration of Texas property. Additionally, Donna has provided consultation to other law firms and accounting firms regarding complex estate planning and trust administration matters, as well as tax reporting matters. She has assisted with estate and trust litigation and represented clients in the negotiation of a conservation easement.
Donna enjoys spending time with her three children and working with non-profits such as Opportunity School and the Amarillo Area Bar Foundation.
- Texas State Courts, 2000
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., M.B.A., 2000
- Howard Payne University, B.B.A., Finance, 1997
- State Bar of Texas (Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law)
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- Amarillo Area Estate Planning Council
- Amarillo Area Bar Foundation
- Polk Street United Methodist Finance Committee (2019)
- Texas Tech Law Review (1998-2000; Articles Editor, 1999-2000)