Jeff Shrader is a Member with Sprouse Shrader Smith PLLC. His practice areas focus on oil and gas transactions, commercial transactions, banking, and real estate law. Jeff has practiced oil and gas law for more than 40 years. Throughout his career, he has primarily represented producer clients in the purchase and sale of oil and gas properties, title opinions, operating agreements, royalty disputes, natural gas marketing, and general energy questions. Jeff has represented buyers and sellers in transactions involving more than $1 billion in value. He has served on the Texas State Bar Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Advisory Commission.
Jeff served on the Board of Directors of Hastings Entertainment, Inc. as Lead Independent Director from 1992 until their sale in 2015. He also was a member of the Board of Directors of Parallel Petroleum Co. from 2001 until its sale in 2009, serving as Chairman of the Board from 2006 until its sale. Jeff has also served as a Director on several private companies throughout his career.
Activities / Awards
- Hastings Entertainment (Director before its sale in 2015)
- Parallel Petroleum Corporation (Chairman and Director before to its sale in 2009)
Presentations / Publications
- “Lease Maintenance: Low Flow and Shut-In-Issues,” 46th Annual Institute on Oil and Gas Law and Taxation, Publication 640, Release 46 (1995)
- “Lease Preservation and Maintenance; Drilling/Reworking Operations and Dryhole Clauses,” State Bar of Texas Professional Development Program (1989)
- Texas State Courts, 1976
- Oklahoma State Courts, 1980
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- University of Texas, JD, 1976
- Northwestern University, BA, 1973
- Amarillo Area Bar Association