Mindi Bozeman Zanowiak is Of Counsel with Sprouse Shrader Smith PLLC. Her practice focuses on estate planning, probate and estate administration, guardianships, and nonprofits. Mindi’s aim is to provide practical solutions for individuals and families who are preparing for the expected, facing the unexpected, thoughtfully stewarding generational wealth, transitioning family assets, practicing philanthropy in ways that make charitable gifts go further and last longer, and navigating sensitive issues like incapacity, special needs, devastating medical diagnoses, challenging family dynamics, and blending families.
Mindi primarily advises on matters related to:
- Simple and complex estate planning (wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, advanced directives, and financial and medical powers of attorney)
- Charitable gift planning
- Estate and trust administration
- Probate (dependent administrations, independent administrations, muniments of title)
- Heirship proceedings
- Probate alternatives (affidavits of heirship and small estate affidavits)
- Preparation and filing of federal estate and gift tax returns
- Guardianship administrations (determining whether a guardianship is necessary, determining what type of guardianship is necessary, educating clients on the responsibilities and reporting requirements of a guardian, and administering new guardianships)
- Forming private foundations and public charities
- Obtaining and maintaining federal and state tax exempt status for private foundations and public charities
Mindi seeks to empower her clients by making traditionally complex concepts easier to understand. She provides a comprehensive approach by collaborating with clients’ other professional advisors. Her mission is to provide thoughtful legal services with excellence.
Prior to becoming Of Counsel with Sprouse Shrader Smith PLLC, Mindi practiced in Bell and Williamson Counties at Normand Bozeman Zanowiak, PLLC from 2014-2020. Before practicing in Central Texas, she was an associate at Sprouse Shrader Smith PC from 2005-2013.
Mindi also speaks and writes for continuing legal education seminars and other professional and community groups.
Mindi was raised on a farm east of Lubbock. She is married with a son and daughter. She enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her large extended family.
Certifications / Specializations
- Texas State Courts, 2005
- University of Oklahoma School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Texas A&M University, B.A., 1999
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Amarillo Area Estate Planning Council
- Amarillo Symphony Board of Directors