Piper is an Associate at Sprouse Shrader Smith, with her practice focusing on transactional matters including title examination, oil and gas transactions, real property transactions, and business transactions.
Piper grew up in Norman, Oklahoma. Piper attended the University of Arkansas, where she received her bachelor’s degree in business economics from the Sam M. Walton College of Business. Piper received her juris doctorate from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where she was a member of the Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Journal, as well as the Oil and Gas, Natural Resources and Energy Society.
Outside of the office, Piper loves to cook, travel, scuba dive when she’s near the ocean, and spend time with her two brussels griffons, Brook and Giant.
Awards and Honors
- Aubrey M. Kerr Sr. Endowed Scholar
- Oklahoma Bar Association Natural Resources Section Scholar
- Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma Scholar
- American Jurisprudence Award (Highest Grade) in Oil and Gas Law
- American Jurisprudence Award (Highest Grade) in Mineral Title Examination
- Oil and Gas Natural Resources Energy Journal
- Editor-in-Chief 2021-2022
- Operations Editor 2020-2021
- 2020 Outstanding Candidate of the Year
- Piper Hampton, Finding our New Normal: Reevaluating Force Majeure Within Oil and Gas Contracts in the Wake of COVID-19, 7 Oil & Gas, Nat. Resources & Energy J. 149 (2021), https://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/onej/vol7/iss1/7.
- Nawzad Mirali Yasin, Cross-Jurisdiction Unitization Agreements: A Legal Solution to the Issue of Cross-Jurisdiction Petroleum Reserves Between Iran and Iraq, 7 Oil & Gas, Nat. Resources & Energy J. 621 (2022).
- Fifty-State Survey: The Law of Eminent Domain, Oklahoma Chapter, The American Bar Association (pending publication, 2023)
- “Finding our New Normal: Reevaluating Force Majeure Within Oil and Gas Contracts in the Wake of COVID-19,” Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City May Meeting, May 19, 2022.
- Texas State Courts, 2022
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 2022
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Oil and Gas Natural Resources and Energy Society, President
- Student Bar Association, 1L Class Treasurer, 2L Class President
- OU Law Student Mentor
- OU Law Student Admissions Employee
- Research Assistant to Owen Anderson, Professor and Distinguished Scholar at the University of Texas School of Law; Eugene Kuntz Chair in Law in Oil, Gas, Natural Resources Emeritus, and George Lynn Cross Research Professor Emeritus at the University of Oklahoma College of Law
- University of Arkansas, BS BA in Business Economics, cum laude, 2019
- Walton Honors Program
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- Amarillo Area Young Lawyers Association
- Amarillo Area Women’s Bar Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen – Associate Member