Christine C. Vizcaino is an Associate with Sprouse Shrader Smith whose practice focuses on labor and employment law. Much of her practice is devoted to counseling employers on all matters affecting the employment relationship, from recruiting and retention to discipline and termination issues. Ms. Vizcaino works with employers on best practices in the workplace regarding employee classification, wage and hour issues, policy drafting and implementation, terminations, and reductions in force. She routinely works with employers on drafting policies and procedures as well as providing training to management in areas such as sexual harassment, employee leave, workplace investigations, and EEOC compliance.
Ms. Vizcaino is also a trial lawyer. She represents employers in all phases of litigation before state and federal agencies as well as state and federal courts. Christine has appeared before the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Department of Labor (DOL) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). She has also successfully litigated claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful discharge before both state and federal courts.
In addition to her primary practice area of labor and employment law, Ms. Vizcaino uses the experience she has gained from employment litigation to assist other clients in general civil litigation matters.
- Employment Law
- Personnel Management, Policies and Procedures
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Unemployment Claims
- Employment Litigation
- SuperLawyers’ Rising Star Award (2016-2017)
- Texas State Courts, 2018
- Oklahoma State Courts, 2011
- US District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, 2011
- US District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, 2011
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2011
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2012
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, JD., with honors, 2011
- Texas Tech University, BBA, 2008
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association