Emily Fouts is an Associate at Sprouse Shrader Smith, whose practice focuses on civil litigation. She has experience in water, oil and gas, natural resources, and commercial litigation, as well as debt collection and property disputes.
Emily grew up in Sagerton, Texas. In 2018 she earned her undergraduate degree from Texas Tech University with a major in Agricultural Communications. Emily attended Texas Tech University School of Law, where she was a member of Vols. 52 and 53 of the Texas Tech Law Review and various national mock trial and moot court teams. When she is not practicing law, Emily enjoys traveling, reading, watching Texas Tech Athletics, and spending time with her family of Red Raiders.
- National Order of the Barristers, 2021
- William R. Moss Trial Advocacy Award, 2021
- Texas Tech University School of Law Pro Bono College, 2021
A New Day: Empowering Groundwater Conservation Districts to Manage Groundwater in Texas, University of Denver Water Law Review, Volume 24, Issue 1, 2020.
- State Bar of Texas
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- Amarillo Area Young Lawyer’s Association
- Amarillo Area Women’s Bar Association
- Texas State Courts, 2021
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2021
- Texas Tech University, B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 2017
- Motar Board Class of 2017
- Texas Tech Law Review, Lead Articles Editor, 2020-2021
- ABA Arbitration National Champion, 2020
- Agricultural Law Association, President, 2020-2021