Matt Sadler is a Member of Sprouse Shrader Smith PLLC and practices in the firm’s Business, Corporate, and Banking Practice Group. Matt’s primary areas of legal practice include real estate, business organizations, banking and oil and gas. In recent years, Matt has developed an authority representing real estate investment companies in the acquisition, ownership and disposition of multi-family projects often involving complex and sophisticated financing mechanisms including loans structured for securitization in the CMBS (commercial mortgage-backed securities) market, agency debt (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), and loan assumptions. In addition, Matt routinely counsels clients with respect to entity formation, governance, capitalization, and financing transactions. Matt’s practice is rounded out by frequent oil and gas projects including title work, leasing, and calculation of royalty payments.
A native of Waco, Texas, Matt, his wife, Kalley, and their four children, Grayson, Matalley, Lola, and Millie, have called Amarillo home since 2004. Prior to joining Sprouse Shrader Smtih in 2013, Matt practiced at Irwin Merritt Hogue Price & Carthel, P.C. and Mullin Hoard & Brown, LLP.
- Representation of large conglomerate in the acquisition and ownership of multi-family projects throughout the Southeast United States and Texas.
- Representation of regional real estate company in the acquisition and ownership of multi-family projects throughout the Southeast and Midwest United States.
- Representation of medical practice in the start-up and operation of an ambulatory surgery center.
- Representation of regional entity in the disposition of its multi-million dollar feedyard operation.
- Representation of numerous energy firms in the preparation of acquisition, drilling, and division order title opinions.
- Representation of commercial banks in various lending transactions in the agribusiness, energy, and medical industries.
- Representation of Dutch transnational BV as United States general counsel including representation in the acquisition and ownership of interests in apartment and condominium projects throughout the United States and the winding down and dissolution of the entity’s entire United States operation.
- Representation of bankruptcy estate of real estate developer in the negotiated unwinding of scores of complex multi-family tax credit projects.
- Representation of physician-owned ambulatory surgery center in its multi-million dollar merger with regional health care system.
- Representation of Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in numerous failed bank investigations.
- Representation of regional electrical cooperative with respect to the review and revision of its corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Texas State Courts, 2004
- Colorado State Courts, 2018
- Wake Forest University School of Law, JD, 2004 (Wake Forest Law Review 2002 – 2004)
- Baylor University, BBA, 1999 (Student Foundation 1997 – 1999)
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- Amarillo Area Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- First Presbyterian Church, Amarillo, Texas (Elder)
- Wake Forest Law Review, 2002-2004