Brad Hickman is a Member with Sprouse Shrader Smith PLLC and serves on the firm’s Executive Committee. Brad sees his clients’ needs as his own and provides steady legal support that frees them to do what they do best. Whether he is working for a bank, title company, grocery store, fuel distributor, church, restaurant, or veterinarian clinic, Brad addresses the unique demands of each business while identifying the needs they have in common.
As a Certified Public Accountant, Brad has a foundational understanding of the financial implications of each transaction. And it’s one of the tools he uses to create limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations. His accounting education is invaluable as he helps banks document loans or negotiates a commercial real estate lease.
From feedyards to apartment complexes, convenience stores to raw land, Brad has worked with clients to successfully sell or purchase countless tracts of property. This process includes drafting purchase agreements, reviewing title commitments and surveys, and preparing the documents necessary to close. He also helps his real estate clients draft leases, easements, and construction contracts, so that their real estate business thrives.
Finally, Brad has spent much of his legal career helping clients in the oil and gas industry. Reviewing title documents and then preparing title opinions or reviewing master service agreements is simply an extension of his legal foundation in business and real estate law.
- Texas State Courts, 2008
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Baylor University, B.B.A. and Master of Accountancy, 2005
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Amarillo Area Estate Planning Council
- The Oaks Christian Academy (Founder and Board of Directors 2018-Current)
- Amarillo Symphony (Board of Directors 2016-2017, Treasurer 2018-Current)
- Amarillo Area Young Lawyers’ Association (Board of Directors 2009-2016, Vice-President, 2017)
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas